- tbhijustwanttodie reblogged this from radianttranquility
- radianttranquility reblogged this from isolated--pleasure
- dsrk7 likes this
- isolated--pleasure reblogged this from myblackbleeding
- myblackbleeding reblogged this from voxtrotz
- voxtrotz reblogged this from swedorian
- tomato-s reblogged this from over10000notes
- ffosterthepeople likes this
- rawrieatenrainbows reblogged this from officialspaceships
- brim-bram-brum reblogged this from arrivers
- allie-the-musical-prep likes this
- my-c0bain-shirt likes this
- wildlymannered reblogged this from limitlessbones
- limitlessbones reblogged this from nbhd-hoodlums
- life-is-a-tragedy reblogged this from im-sad-as-fuck
- partywithoutpoison likes this
- enchantmentcharm reblogged this from arrivers
- imsosorryviolet reblogged this from arrivers
- i-just-need-you-to-love-me reblogged this from arrivers
- madelyndawn1 reblogged this from arrivers
- madelyndawn1 likes this
- mitchllee likes this
- jlfbastos954 likes this
- arrivers reblogged this from sampreme
- im-alone-in-the-night likes this
- myawkwardfandoms likes this
- theevilsnuffleupagus reblogged this from nishan-is-our-king
- dialgaemz likes this
- throughtheboredomandpain reblogged this from enriiix
- imtheocean-imthesea likes this
- xxsilentxxangelxx reblogged this from chaseawaythedarkness
- lovelysaddd reblogged this from chaseawaythedarkness
- justanothersilentsymphony likes this
- vodkanto likes this
- agilizar reblogged this from calabarrrr
- nerdyalli likes this
- chaseawaythedarkness reblogged this from chinesecracker
- manlymcmanlymiss reblogged this from nishan-is-our-king
- manlymcmanlymiss likes this
- noufy21 likes this
- opal-main reblogged this from maxie-the-shy-prep
- opal-main likes this
- b-i-t-c-h--i-s--b-a-c-k reblogged this from n-i-t-r-o-g-e-n-i-o
- paxael reblogged this from catthelion
- catthelion likes this
- catthelion reblogged this from maxie-the-shy-prep
- maxie-the-shy-prep reblogged this from nishan-is-our-king
- maxie-the-shy-prep likes this
- nishan-is-our-king reblogged this from mybendystraw
- nishan-is-our-king likes this
Hold on just a tick. Listen, I’m Jewish, so I’m perfectly capable of understanding that what he did was just…..well, there are no words for it. But let’s not round it up to simply Jews that got killed. It was six million people that died in those camps, not just Jews. Did you know that homosexuals were sent there, too? Yeah, I’m sure you did. They had to wear special little symbols on their clothes. Do you know what it was? It was a pink triangle.
It was six million PEOPLE.
But you let that roll over in your mind for a while and you are going to forever see this man as a monster, but that’s not what he was. He was someone who thought he was truly doing something right for his nation, no matter how shitty he was doing it. Believe me when I say that I don’t like him. I really don’t. My grandfather’s brothers died in those camps, and my grandfather escaped to Spain, then to Mexico. He was lucky.
This is not a monster holding hands with a little girl.
This is Adolf Hitler, a man, holding hands with a little girl.
Yeah. It’s fucking scary. It really is. Do you know why?
It’s because you’re seeing that he wasn’t, in fact, a monster. You’re seeing in this picture that he was a man. He was a man, and that’s really the saddest part of it all.
As a History major who specializes in the history of early modern Europe, I’ve studied a lot of dictators in detail, not just Hitler. The number one mistake anyone could ever make in history is making the assumption that only inhuman monsters are capable of doing terrible things.
Stop dehumanizing Hitler just so you can reassure yourself that “normal” humans aren’t capable of doing bad things. Hitler liked children and dogs, he was a vegetarian and he cried like a little boy when his mother died. I’m not saying he was a good, innocent person, but when you stop attributing human characteristics to historical figures like Hitler, it’s how you overlook people just like him in real life, and it’s how people like him end up back in power.
That last statement.
"it’s how people like him end up back in power."
That is so accurate and it terrifies me to my very soul